BATTERY 2030+ HAS THE VISION TO INVENT THE SUSTAINABLE BATTERIES OF THE FUTURE
For this vision to become a reality, Europe needs to re-emerge as a global leader in the field of batteries by accelerating the development of underlying strategic technologies and, in parallel, building a European battery cell manufacturing industry based on clean energy and circular economy. Europe has the potential to take the lead if we combine our strengths, create a more coordinated and truly collaborative approach that unites industry, researchers, policymakers, and the public.
BATTERY 2030+ brings together the most important stakeholders in the field of battery research and development to work on concrete actions that support the implementation of the European Green Deal, the UN Sustainable Development Goals, as well as the European Action plan on Batteries and the European SET-plan.
The BATTERY 2030+ aims are to:
- invent ultra-high-performance batteries that are safe, affordable, and sustainable, with a long lifetime.
- develop new battery chemistries and battery concepts.
- provide new tools and breakthrough technologies to the European battery industry throughout the value chain, including manufacturing and recycling.
- accelerate battery development through realization of new tools in the area of digitalization.
- enable long-term European leadership in both existing markets such as transport and stationary storage and future emerging sectors like robotics, aerospace, medical devices, and Internet of things, etc.
Based on a Europe-wide consultation process, the BATTERY 2030+ roadmap presents the actions needed to deliver on the overall objectives and address the key challenges in inventing the sustainable, safe, high-performance batteries of the future.