7th EBA250 Stakeholders’ Meeting
- Date: –17:00
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Organiser: European Battery Alliance
- Contact person: https://www.eba250.com/7th-eba250-stakeholders-meeting/
The next EBA250 meeting will be held in Brussels on Tuesday, March 17th 2020.
More than two years have passed since the official launch of the European Battery Alliance by Vice President Šefčovič. We can all be proud of what we have achieved so far, with numerous industrial projects launched all across the value chain. Europe stood a chance to become a fast follower in the battery world and electromobility, we seized the opportunity, and we are delivering.
However, if we want to meet the 2025 scenario (which will require 400GWh of batteries) with European supply, we need to accelerate even more, with a special focus this year 2020 in three areas:
1. Materials, in all its processes (mining, refining and upgrading, as well as recycling),
2. Efficient manufacturing processes, with adequate tooling and machinery,
3. Deliver the regulatory framework on sustainability requirements for batteries and batteries directives, which will position Europe in the world at the forefront of sustainability, creating a competitive advantage for our industry across all the value chain.
As always, we will accelerate in all the key dimensions we have been pushing from the beginning: supply chain, access to finance, research and innovation, regulation, education and training, and societal appropriation. Therefore, the thriving trusted ecosystem that we have all created will keep on growing, surely with additional partners in these focus topics.
After lunch, Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič will share with us the key ambitions and implementation pathways of the EU Green Deal – which is also the growth strategy for Europe in the next 7 years – and how EBA is today retained as a blue print of how to establish future European strategic industrial value chains.